VITROLIFE'S INTERIM REPORT, JANUARY - JUNE 2001
* The Vitrolife share was listed on the O-list of the Stockholm Exchange
in connection with a new share issue of 160 MSEK.
* The world's first culture media totally free from blood-derived
substances have been launched for in vitro fertilisation.
* A collaboration agreement has been entered into with world leading
stem cell researchers in Göteborg and Uppsala regarding research and
product development of media for stem cell based biotechnology.
* Successful launch in the USA of Perfadex® for lung transplantation.
* Clinical trials of a product for aesthetic surgery (dermal implant)
are being prepared.
* Acquisition of a new production facility in Kungsbacka.
* Development of new product lines runs according to plan.
* The operating result during the period amounted to -23,5 MSEK (-9,8
MSEK) equivalent to an operating margin of -54,3 % (-24,1 %).
* Net sales amounted to 43,3 MSEK (40,9 MSEK) equivalent to an increase
of 6,1% (28,5 %).
See attached interim report in Swedish with financial data in English.
Göteborg 20th of August 2001.
Vitrolife AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Vitrolife: President and CEO Dr. Peter Svalander, tel +46-31-721 80 01
CFO Stefan Jacobsson, tel +46-31-721 80 10
Vitrolife's business mission is to develop, produce and sell advanced
products and systems for the preparation, cultivation, preservation and
support of cells, tissues and organs. Vitrolife intends to further
expand the Company's production capacity to meet an expected increase in
demand for its products, as well as strengthen its global market
position as a leading company in the development of innovative cell and
Vitrolife believes that the number of procedures performed annually
involving tissue and cell technologies will increase as new treatments
are introduced and existing treatments are improved. In addition,
Vitrolife expects that the regulation surrounding approval processes and
quality control for its products will increase. Vitrolife aims to create
competitive advantages from this regulation by meeting and exceeding
expected future demands of regulatory authorities, ahead of the
Since it commenced its operations in 1993, Vitrolife has expanded
rapidly. The Company currently has over 90 employees and sells its
products in over 80 countries. During the latest five-year period, sales
have increased by an average of 33 percent and totalled more than SEK 82
million for the fiscal year 2000.
The Vitrolife share is listed on the Stockholm Exchange
(Stockholmsbörsen) O-list under the ticker VITR.
This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net
The following files are available for download:
http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2001/08/20/20010820BIT00580/bit0002.doc The full report
http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2001/08/20/20010820BIT00580/bit0002.pdf The full report