Strong cash flow thanks to a favourable growth and good profitability
• Sales increased by 28 percent during the third quarter and amounted to SEK 65.2 (50.9) million. Sales during the first nine months amounted to SEK 207.3 (166.1) million, an increase of 25 percent.
• Gross income for the third quarter increased by 32 percent to SEK 46.5 (35.2) million and the gross margin was 71 (69) percent. Gross income for the first nine months amounted to SEK 145.7 (155.1) million, an increase of 27 percent.
• In the third quarter operating income (EBIT) amounted to SEK 7.2 (5.1) million, an increase of 41 percent, corresponding to an operating margin of 11 (10) percent. Adjusted for one-time expenses affecting comparability the operating margin was 13 (13) percent for the first nine months. These one-time expenses are attributable to the first quarter and apply to the bid for Medicult a/s and moving expenses, which together amount to SEK 3.9 million.
• Operating income before research and development costs was strengthened during the third quarter and gave a margin of 25 (26) percent. This means an increase of 32 percent to SEK 16.6 (12.6) million.
• The Group’s net income for the third quarter increased by 22 percent to SEK 7.3 (6.0) million, corresponding to earnings per share of SEK 0.37 (0.30). The Group’s net income for the first nine months amounted to SEK 23.3 (20.4) million. Net income includes one-time expenses according to above and amounted approximately to SEK 3.9 million.
• The cash flow from operating activities was strengthened during the third quarter and amounted to SEK 15.3 (5.8) million.
• The equity/assets ratio amounted to 88 percent (84).
• The Swemed Sense™ needle was approved for sales in Australia.
• A new cooperation agreement was signed with Cellartis AB
October 26, 2009
Queries should be addressed to:
Magnus Nilsson, CEO, phone +46 31 721 80 61
Eva Nilsagård, CFO, phone +46 31 721 80 13