Strong sales growth in Asia and strengthened operating income
First quarter in brief
- Sales growth was 11 percent in local currency. Sales were the highest ever for a single quarter and amounted to SEK 100 (88) million, corresponding to an increase of 13 percent in SEK. Fertility sales in Asia increased by 50 percent in local currency.
- Operating income (EBIT) amounted to SEK 15 (10) million, corresponding to an increase of 49 percent. The operating margin was 15 (12) percent.
- Income before tax amounted to SEK 14 (12) million. Net income amounted to SEK 9 (9) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.47 (0.45).
- The cash flow from operating activities was SEK 14 (4) million.
- The Board decided to begin preparations for a spin-off of the transplantation business. It is planned that the spin-off will take place during the second half of 2012 through distribution of the shares in the subsidiary Xvivo Perfusion AB in accordance with “Lex Asea”.
- At March 31 the required number of patients, 12, had received transplants in the STEEN Solution™ study in the USA, which aims to form the basis of the application for sales approval in the USA.
April 19, 2012
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, phone +46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, phone +46 31 721 80 14
Vitrolife is required to publish the information in this press release in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on April 19, 2012 at 3 p.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.