Not later than the end of the third quarter every year the three largest shareholders or groups of shareholders in terms of the number of votes they hold shall be given the opportunity to appoint a member to the Election Committee. The Board Chairman shall be a member of the Election Committee.
The names of the committee's members are to be publicly announced not later than six months prior to the Annual General Meeting.
The composition of the Nominating Committee for the 2020 Annual General Meeting was made public on October 7, 2019:
- Niels Jacobsen, appointed by William Demant Invest A/S
- Patrik Tigerschiöld, appointed by Bure Equity AB
- Wendy Wang, appointed by Morgan Stanley Investment Management Inc.
- Jón Sigurdsson, Chairman of the Board
The appointments have been made in accordance with the instructions regarding principles for the appointment of the company election committee which were determined at the Annual General Meeting of Vitrolife on May 2, 2019.
The Election Committee shall prepare and present proposals for resolution by the Annual General Meeting regarding:
- election of a Chairman of the meeting,
- decision on the number of Board members,
- election of and decision on remuneration to the Board Chairman and other members of the Board,
- election of and decision on remuneration to the auditor and deputy auditor (when appropriate),
- election of and decision on remuneration to the members of the Board regarding any special - committees as the Annual General Meeting may decide to appoint,
- process of appointing a new Election Committee.
Shareholders who wish to have an item considered at a General Meeting can submit a request to the Board to this effect. Such a request for an item to be considered is to be sent to Vitrolife AB (publ), Att: Chairman of the Board, Box 9080, SE-400 92 Gothenburg, Sweden, and must have been received by the Board no later than seven weeks before the General Meeting, or otherwise in such good time that the matter, where necessary, can be included in the notice to attend the General Meeting.