At Vitrolife's Annual General Meeting on May 4, 2006 the following was among the decided:
- No dividend will be paid for the financial year 2005.
- Re-election of Board members Patrik Tigerschiöld, Per Båtelson and Madeleine Olsson-Eriksson and new election of Semmy Rülf, in accordance with the election committee's proposal.
- Decision regarding changes in the Articles of Association due to the fact that a new Companies Act (2005:551) came into force on January 1, 2006 as well as changes of an editorial nature. The adopted changes were in accordance with the Board's proposal.
- Authorization for the Board, for the time up until the next Annual General Meeting and on one or more occasions, to take a decision on the issue of a maximum of 2,100,000 shares in total, corresponding to approximately 9.6 percent of the company's share capital. The issue may deviate from the shareholders' pre-emptive rights through a non-cash issue, through offsetting or may otherwise be subscribed for in accordance with chapter 13 § 5, paragraph one, 6, of the Companies Act. The reason for the possible deviation from the shareholders' pre-emptive rights is to prepare the ground for a possible company acquisition.
- Lars Hamberger was appointed honorary chairman for a period of two years.
At the Board meeting following election which was held after the Annual General Meeting, Patrik Tigerschiöld was elected Chairman of the Board.